• From Ixtab
• Track #6
• Release date: 03/10/2010
• Title: My Piggish Girl Died Miserably
• Band: 死んだ僕の彼女
(My Dead Girlfriend)
• Genre: Shoegaze, Post-rock
• Listen to it here
• Translated by Shion @FGRNDNoises
• Check the notes for this song at the bottom of this page
明日からは もう会えないな – ashita kara mou aenai na
昨日会ったとき 笑ってたのにな – kinou atta toki waratteta no ni na
Starting tomorrow we won’t be able to meet again, right?
Even though yesterday we were laughing together, right?
いつの間にか 時が経って – itsu no ma ni ka toki ga tatte
色んなこと 忘れて – ironna wasurete
たまにふと思い出すんだ – tama ni futo omoidasunda
変わってたとことか – kawatteta toko to ka
Time will go by before I’d even realized it
And I’ll forget about lots of things
But I’ll maybe remember about them occasionally,
Those unusual memories or such
笑ってほしいと思うよ – waratte hoshii to omou yo
いつか僕だけ – itsuka boku dake
消えてしまうのかって – kiete shimau no ka tte
思う、だからさ – omou, dakara sa
泣いていたって、かまわず – naiteita tte, kamawazu
君の事だけ – kimi no koto dake
分かっていたいんだけど – wakatteitainda kedo
難しいかな – muzukashii kana
What I think is that I wish to see you smile
I think to myself if
I’ll end up going to disappear alone, so
I don’t care if you’d cry
I just want to
Understand what’s going through your mind
But wouldn’t this be hard?
• The whole song is composed of those three stanzas, though they’re repeated more than once throughout the song.
• In the second stanza I’ve added “memories” though it’s not clearly wrote in here, because that’s what the lyrics imply and felt kind of weird without it.
• The english translation sentences order of the 4th stanza is completely different from the japanese lyrics, just so you know.
• A fourth stanza, composed just of hummings, comes at the end of this song.